Eye Face Painting Design Video Tutorial

Hey guys,

I found this video tutorial for an eye face painting design that Heather made using arty brushstrokes, and I loved it…especially because she uses my favorite color which is purple!! Press play to watch the video now:

Buy Face Paints for your Face Painting Kit Right Here!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyFnO9PbADY[/youtube]
Buy Face Paints for your Face Painting Kit Right Here!

Happy Face Painting,

www.FacePaintingTips.com
“Helping You Paint with Your Favorite Face Paints!”
Buy Face Paints for your Face Painting Kit Right Here!

Colleen Johnson Mon at 9:36 am

Thank you for sharing that video. I’ve been thinking about getting some of those paints. It’s a beautiful eye design and I love purple also. You’ve given me some great ideas with this video.

Colleen

Bruce Barrett Thu at 8:44 pm

A very nice alternate way to apply the paints without requiring the use of an airbrush! Paintbrush and sponge instead! I imagine there are plenty of additional ways to creatively apply the paints as well..?

Philadelphia from FacePaintingTips.com Thu at 9:04 pm

There sure are Bruce! Just take a look around the blog you’ll find heaps of creative ways to apply face paint with brushes and sponges :-)

Bruce Barrett Fri at 8:44 pm

I’ve always intended to delve into this form, but in the area of Baltimore, MD., unless I’ve been looking in the wrong areas, these face painting events have been far and few between. I’ve done 100′s of parties, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, conventions, and special events. I’ve done major work airbrushing name designs on t-shirts hats and other clothing articles, and occasional temp. tattoos on kids and adults which has been my mainstay, but when airbrushing business dwindles after summer, I’m in trouble. I’ve done head to thigh body painting on male and female clientele, copying from various photos from various sites. Awesome outcomes, but the photos for proof were lost when my computer froze up awhile back. I’d love to switch back and forth from airbrush to paintbrush and sponge and other means of application. That’s where the fun and creative juices begin to flow and the “let me at em!!!!”excitement comes into full play! I want to join the gang! Unfortunately, due to scheduled appontments and constraints I’m unable to attend the convention. I’m not happy about that at all…but what am I gomg to do…. I did order those Arty Brush Cakes and am waiting to use them!
Sorry for the long comment! So much to say and do, so little time! ;-)

Bruce Barrett Sat at 7:46 am

Question, and I know I’m jumping way ahead, but on Jinny’s Galleria site, the girl with her arm painted in swirls and paisley patterns as seen in the ad “Art gone Wild” below…is that an interweaving of artsy cakes, airbrush and paintbrush?
That is pure artistic freedom!
This is a beautiful break away from doing motorcycle helmets, gas tanks and apparel.

Julie Agcaoili Mon at 1:21 pm

I seen this video and I love it too because my favorite color is purple/lilac.
I’m still trying to perfect this design as well. Very nice eye design. This is what I mean by complex simplicity! LOVE IT!!

Julie Agcaoili

Philadelphia from FacePaintingTips.com Tue at 1:14 am

Totally agree with you on that one Bruce! Pure artistic freedom is right! I looooove that design Jinny did. Oh, and don’t apologise for leaving a ‘long comment’ the longer the better, its always great to hear what everyone has to say :-)

Philadelphia from FacePaintingTips.com Wed at 11:23 pm

Hey Bruce,

I’m not sure but it could have been the Metallic powder by Mehron OR the gold paint from the Aquacolor Metallic Palette or the Interferenze Palette by Kryolan.

Hope that helps :-)

Bruce Barrett Wed at 8:32 pm

What brand paints were those that were being used for full body base coverage that I saw on the FABAIC 2008 videos where backstage models were being painted alternating patterns of black and white as well as UV glow with large brushes and where can I get them? What website would I find them on?

Bruce Barrett Wed at 8:34 pm

My website is http://www.brucesairbrush.com. I wish all to feel free to enjoy viewing it!

Philadelphia from FacePaintingTips.com Wed at 10:21 pm

Hey Bruce,

That video you saw on FABAIC was a BodiesAlive production put on by Agostino Arts and this is what I found on their website about what products they use:

“The brands we use are Kryolan Aquacolors and Mehron cakes and liquids. We can also use make-up fixatives or Temptu tattoo paint when longer lasting effects are required for special events, photo shoots or imitation tattoos.”

Bruce Barrett Wed at 10:53 pm

Thanks! The models totally covered in reflective silver, bronze, and I believe gold, are they paints that come from Kryolan and Mehron, too? To be able to produce the same kind of dazzling works of art myself as these pro’s do, I’d have a tough time trying to sleep at night! I’d be wanting to play and paint too much! Please let me know! Thanks again!

Bruce Barrett Thu at 9:12 pm

Could you tell me where and how these bodypainters get their patterns on the models from, if they’re from reference photos, various sources?
Or could you refer me to whoever does know?

Philadelphia from FacePaintingTips.com Thu at 10:21 pm

Hi Bruce,

You know, they’re all different. When I was painted head to toe by Mark Reid, he painted totally on the fly – maybe 5 minutes of planning max by looking at some brochures for ideas on how to paint a platypus, the aussie flag and koala… Yolanda Bartram made a small sketch in a sketch book before she painted me, Lynne Jamieson works on the fly as well, so some artists do alot of planning and may even use stencils, then others make it up on the spot you know?

Bruce Barrett Fri at 12:31 am

That means I’m totally free to fly as I choose with no inhibitions! That is both total crativity and a challenge to cherish!

Bruce Barrett Wed at 11:52 am

I’ve seen, yet not until now taken into account, skin tone differences and possible skin reactions to even today’s paints from reading into the Illusion magazines I recently received!I had no idea skin tones vs proper colored paints can make or break a satisfying, pleasing outcome! I’m starting now to pick up on the ‘red flags ‘ of warnings popping up that go with face and bodypainting! Be assured, I’ve not yet done any faces yet, but the educational side of this business is starting to come into focus!

Tattoo Picture Fri at 6:30 pm

I usually don

Irene Thu at 1:08 am

Loved the flower eye but the only problem was that I barely could hear the person talking. But would love to see more.
Irene.