A Trick to Keeping Your Water & Brushes Clean When You Face Paint

Now this will save you some time and hassle! When you’re face painting, every little tip and trick you know can help enormously. So, here’s one about keeping your brushes and water clean, to save you from wasting time, having to change the water every 10 minutes.

And, I can’t take credit for this one. This is a tip from my sister-in-law Pauline (she co-wrote “The Comprehensive Guide to Face Painting“.1popicleInstead of using a jar, or cup to hold your water…use a plastic ice block/popsicle mould to hold your water. So, if you have an 6 popsicle mould (like in the picture) you have 6 separate sources of water and can use each one for a different color group!

You can use one for just white, one for your pinks and reds, one for yellows and oranges, one for browns & blacks, one for greens & blues and one for purples.

And if you assign certain brushes to certain color groups, you’ll save a heck of a lot of time because you won’t have to wash your brushes anywhere near as often! But the really cool thing is, it’s cheap, easy to find and it makes life easier!

Happy Face Painting :-)

Face Painting Tips
“Helping You Paint with Your Favorite Face Paints!”
Click Here to Buy Face Paints!

If you liked this post or have something to say then add a comment and be heard!

Leilani Tue at 10:58 pm

What a wonderful idea! Whodda thunk something so easy/cheap could work so well? It’s one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” ideas. Thanks so much! I’m thinking one of the “bottle” ice cube trays might do the trick too. Ok, here’s me going to Walmart to buy a new brush washer!
Outta the way everyone!

Great Job with all the cool & helpful ideas. You are wonderful!

Leilani

Karen Wed at 3:09 am

What a brilliant idea, makes perfect sense. Guess what I’m off to buy?? ;-)

Linda Medlyn Wed at 8:56 pm

I have a pair of ‘face painting jeans’ and I just wipe the excess paint straight onto my jeans and only occasionlly have to wash the brush with water. This saves so much time, and the kids seem to like it too! This wasn’t my idea, but a friends. Another plus is that you have a very funky pair of painting jeans to wear when you’re face painting!

Eve L Newsom Thu at 10:33 am

Wow Linda! What an awesome Tip! I’m going to implement this one! (BIG BIG YOU ROCK THUMBS UP!!!)

Michael Fri at 3:20 am

I guess that you wash them from time to time ;)
I just can not exactly see how it works.
If you wipe the excess paint on your pants, so there will still be something left in the brush that will blend in with the new color you use.

admin Wed at 11:04 pm

Thanks for your input Linda, sounds like a fun and useful tip to me :-)

And I’m always happy to see face painters share their ideas on the blog, thanks again!

Janet Chenhall Wed at 8:54 am

great ideas from everyone! Thanks

Tigi Sat at 10:18 am

Neat Tip, guess what Im off to look for at the pound store!!!!!

Lisa P. Thu at 12:25 pm

If you have a couple brushes for each color group and spray your paint to wet it, you will rarely have to use your water at all to clean brushes. I also use sponges to apply the paint bases. I use a vinyl folding container from Hobby Lobby to hold my water cup so that the painty water is not viewed by anyone.

Michael Thu at 3:20 pm

I like the idea and have, untill I saw this trick, tried with 3 brushes and that work fine. But I use more than 12 different colors and that is a lot of brushes per color and another thing is that I also use 1-3 brushes (different size) per color. That will be about 50+ brushes in total… But your idea is great… no doubt !